Participants are responsible for their own arrangements, but we do have a few attractive options for those of you who are traveling to Boulder.
Financially, the best option we can offer is to stay on campus in Central or West Kittredge Hall at CU Boulder. The details of rooming on campus are the following:
- Check-in date: July 21, 2014
- Check-out date: July 25, 2014
- Number of housing nights: 4
- Housing services: linens are provided and daily housekeeping
- Single per person room (with tax) week total: $303.05
- Double per person room (with tax) week total: $171.93
- Parking passes may also be purchased for $20 for the week
As shown on the right, the walk from on-campus housing is approximately 10 minutes to where STRIPE will be held, at the ITLL in the Engineering Center and the dining hall.
In addition to on-campus housing, we will be offering an optional on-campus meal plan. This package includes 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 4 dinners. The total for the week is $113.39, and this option allows you to take advantage of the delicious dining hall on campus, called the Center for Community (C4C). Check out sample menus at the dining hall here!
If you are interested in staying off campus, you have a few options:
1) If you are looking for a homey place to stay, check out Airbnb.com. This site offers local rooms, apartments and houses available for short-term stay in Boulder. Rates start at about $50+ per night for a private single.
2) If you have a group or are thinking about renting a house, a similar option to Airbnb is Vacation Rentals by Owner. Housing prices are about $160+ per night, but can be very reasonable with multiple people.
3) If you are looking to have a gorgeous view of Boulder, you could also stay in Chautauqua Apartments. A bit pricey at $160-190 per night, but a very nice place to stay.
If you have any questions in regards to housing, don’t hesitate to shoot me an e-mail.