From July 24-28 2017, Monday through Friday, from 12:30 to 4:30 pm MDT, the Teaching Institute for Graduate Education Research (TIGER) will hold the Fifth annual Summer Teaching as Research Institute for Post-docs in Engineering (STRIPE) workshop. STRIPE is a one-week summer institute for postdoctoral fellows and new faculty in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields in which they apply engineering principles of design, build, test and iterate to specific course development and utilize access to relevant literature and techniques. The 4-hour per day, 5-day workshop includes educational research techniques, CIRTL topics, and seminal disciplinary education research findings. Participants complete a genuine teaching and learning experience to discuss in their faculty job interviews. All STEM fields are welcome.
If you know of other post-docs in your lab interested in teaching at the college level, help them become aware of this opportunity!
- You will spend one week in beautiful Boulder, Colorado!
- Participants are responsible for housing expenses, but the workshop is free to attend.
- Summer 2017 dates: July 24-28, Monday through Friday, from 12:30 to 4:30 pm MDT on the University of Colorado Boulder campus.
- Open to post-docs and brand new faculty at any institution in any STEM field without prior significant teaching experience. Not recommended for graduate students.
- Workshop leaders include Professor Jean Hertzberg of the University of Colorado
- Register online.
- Participants will be able to apply new teaching techniques, including active learning approaches.
- Participants will be able to apply their disciplinary techniques to help students improve their learning.
- Participants will be able to apply their disciplinary techniques to improving their own teaching.
Logistics for arrival
EBIT/STRIPE will be held in the Fleming Building on the CU Boulder campus. We will meet in FLMG 271B, This room is on the second floor, on the north side of the building. Metered parking is available in the adjacent lot south of Fleming.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I’m looking forward to meeting you!
Prof. Jean Hertzberg